Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris 10 client install

2006-04-12 10:34:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris 10 client install
From: cjmanders AT lbl DOT gov (Christopher Jay Manders)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:34:14 -0700
Basically, you use the 'inetconv' to import a line from the /etc/inetd.conf.

It looks like this (just an example using 'imaps' to be imported into
the smf):

1) I add the standard line in /etc/inetd.conf

# grep imaps /etc/inetd.conf

/imaps   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/imapd    imapd/

2) I then run the conversion utility for the smf:

# inetconv

/imaps -> /var/svc/manifest/network/imaps-tcp.xml/

/Importing imaps-tcp.xml ...Done//

hth

Cheers!

--Chris