Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] could not deassign media due to Media Manager error

2006-03-30 02:13:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] could not deassign media due to Media Manager error
From: simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:13:31 +0100
Morning
Have an old LTO1 tape that has not been written to in over 12 months.
When I run the media list it shows this tape 0807L1 expired 29th March 06.
Today is the 30th.
The status of the tape shows expired MPX

So when trying to bpexpdate -m 0807L1 -d 0 it tell me it could not deassign
media due to media manager error.

Any tips on how to remove this from the report? Netbackup believes it is
assigned to a volume and I can see it.

The tape is not stored in the library and there will be no need to re-use
this tape in the future
Thanks

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B32AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate or
otherwise deal with it.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of EADS
Astrium Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind EADS Astrium Limited in any contract or
obligation.

EADS Astrium Limited, Registered in England and Wales No. 2449259