Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Virtual Tape Library

2006-03-23 23:15:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Virtual Tape Library
From: michael AT michaelbarrow DOT name (Michael L. Barrow)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:15:46 -0800
william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com wrote:
> NetBackup 5.n was licenced by tape drives.  NetBackup 6.n is licenced by
> TB in the VTL.  I don't know the detail, e.g. is that raw TB etc.  I also
> don't know if they changed the licencing for 5.n, or if it is still
> needing drive licences.

The per-TB pricing for VTLs is available in 5.x. I know this because I
purchased it.

I based it on raw capacity since most VTLs are fairly efficient in their
consumption. Obviously you do cheat yourself a little due to RAID
overhead and such, but I don't think it's enough to lose sleep over...

--
Michael L. Barrow
michael at michaelbarrow dot name