Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Global VSP setting

2006-03-17 14:40:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Global VSP setting
From: stas_p AT netvision.net DOT il (Stas Pirogov)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:40:11 +0200 (IST)
There's command line equivalent in 5.x versions for client settings of
Admin GUI (I guess it still present in NBU 6 on Windows)

You can use:

bpclient -client client_name -add -WOFB_enabled 0

to disable both VSP/VSS for specific client.

Run 'bpclient -h' to see all features. The man page doesn't document
WOFB options for some reason ('Windows Open Files Backup' I guess)

No need to bounce server after running the command.

With basic scripting there's no problem to run this for 300 clients.
You can get their names from 'bpplclients policy_name' for specific
policy or simply 'bpplclients' to get the whole list.

Hope this helps.

Stas.