Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cleaning issues: LTO-3/ADIC i2k and NBU 5.1 MP3

2006-03-01 19:48:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning issues: LTO-3/ADIC i2k and NBU 5.1 MP3
From: leleputra AT yahoo DOT com (Yoseph Leleputra)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 16:48:18 -0800 (PST)
--0-63714315-1141260498=:65000

Did you using barcode from adic or not.
  Right now I have a similar problem like you and my suspect is barcode problem
Now i am using barcode from local market .

  Joe

"Greenberg, Brian" <Brian.Greenberg AT citadelgroup DOT com> wrote:  I have a
ADIC i2k with LTO-3 (IBM) drives in it and NBU 5.1 MP3 running
on RH Linux AS3 but I seem to be having some issues with drive cleaning.

Some of the drives have the red 'C' indicator on the front of the drive
with the amber light flashing signaling that the drive needs to be
cleaned. However, the tapealert notification doesn't seem to be getting
to NBU to do the clean on the drive.

Yes, there are cleaning tapes in the library, in the correct partition
and are labeled properly. When I issue a tpclean command or do it from
the GUI it works fine. The problem is I have to do all that manually.

The tape alert doesn't seem to be getting to NBU. I checked the
messages file but that doesn't seem to be giving me enough info.

Anyone have a suggestion for me on where to look next?

Brian Greenberg
bjgreenberg AT gmail DOT com

http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-63714315-1141260498=:65000

<DIV>Did you using barcode from adic or not. </DIV>  <DIV>Right now I have a
similar problem like you and my suspect is barcode problem<BR>Now i am using
barcode from local market . </DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Joe</DIV><BR><BR><B><I>"Greenberg, Brian" &lt;Brian.Greenberg AT
citadelgroup DOT com&gt;</I></B> wrote:  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">I
have a ADIC i2k with LTO-3 (IBM) drives in it and NBU 5.1 MP3 running<BR>on RH
Linux AS3 but I seem to be having some issues with drive
cleaning.<BR><BR><BR>Some of the drives have the red 'C' indicator on the front
of the drive<BR>with the amber light flashing signaling that the drive needs to
be<BR>cleaned. However, the tapealert notification doesn't seem to be
getting<BR>to NBU to do the clean on the drive. <BR><BR>Yes, there are cleaning
tapes in the library, in the correct partition<BR>and are labeled properly.
When I issue a tpclean command or do it from<BR>the GUI it
 works fine. The problem is I have to do all that manually. <BR><BR>The tape
alert doesn't seem to be getting to NBU. I checked the<BR>messages file but
that doesn't seem to be giving me enough info.<BR><BR>Anyone have a suggestion
for me on where to look next?<BR><BR>Brian Greenberg<BR>bjgreenberg AT gmail
maillist - Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<BR>http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><p>__________________________________________________<br>Do
 You Yahoo!?<br>Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
--0-63714315-1141260498=:65000--