Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Resolved: No available tapes

2006-03-01 12:06:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Resolved: No available tapes
From: geoff_hazel AT yahoo DOT com (Geoff Hazel)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:06:43 -0800 (PST)
--0-181248316-1141232803=:87496

Thanks for everyone who responded.

  I did some digging and found that we are using two retention levels for our
backups, and the fact that NBU doesn't mix retention levels completely explains
why we get some backups fail with 96 errors, but others before and after
complete with no problems.  We have a small library, and will need to do more
work in the future to be sure there are available tapes for all the classes.

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail
--0-181248316-1141232803=:87496

some digging and found that we are using two retention levels for our backups,
and the fact that NBU doesn't mix retention levels completely explains why we
get some backups fail with 96 errors, but others before and after complete with
no problems.&nbsp; We have a small library, and will need to do more work in
the future to be sure there are available tapes for all the classes.</div><p>
                <hr size=1>Yahoo! Mail<br>
Bring photos to life! <a
href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39174/*http://photomail.mail.yahoo.com";>New
 PhotoMail </a> makes sharing a breeze.