Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help finding the status of tapes!

2006-02-08 13:02:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help finding the status of tapes!
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:02:31 -0700
Your loop below searches the media servers for a volDB, not a list of master
servers.  vmquery is specific to the volume database, there's only one per
environment and it's usually on the master server.

Frozen/suspended is per media server, but the volDB contains everything
else.

This is ugly but:

for tape in <tape1> <tape2> <tape3> ...
do
  echo "## $tape"
  for master in <master1> <master2> <master3> ...
  do
    vmquery -h $master -m $tape 2>/dev/null
    if [ $? -eq 0 ]
    then
      for mediasvr in `bpstulist -M $master | awk '{print $3}' | sort -u`
      do
        bpmedialist -m $tape -M $master -h $mediasvr 2>/dev/null
      done
    else
      echo "## Tape $tape not in VolDB on $master."
    fi
  done
done

This can be prettified a bunch but it's functional.  Watch out for line-wrap
issues in this posting.

Note also this this is untested but I think, if nothing else, that the logic
is sound.

-M