Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to recover data from overwrited tape?

2006-02-03 08:31:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to recover data from overwrited tape?
From: mlv03 AT healthresearch DOT org (Mike L. Varney)
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:31:58 -0500
Similarly, I would think you could send the tape out to the pros.  Like you
do with dead hard drives.

-- M

             ida3248b AT post DOT cyb

             ercity.dk
             veritas-bu-admin@         "Mike L. Varney"
             mailman.eng.aubur         <mlv03 AT healthresearch DOT org>,

             n.edu                     veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

                                                                        cc

             02/03/2006 03:17                                      Subject
             AM                        RE: [Veritas-bu] How to recover
                                       data from overwrited tape?

Hi Mike

Sorry but I have to disagree, as I have been part of a group where we did
it
this. Unfortunately I don't work at that company anymore so I don't have
access to the scripts and documentation we did.

Actually you could use mt to change EOM to EOF.

Regards
Michael

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:20:15 -0500, Mike L. Varney wrote

--
Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)