Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpexpdate

2005-07-01 12:39:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpexpdate
From: M.W.Ellwood AT rl.ac DOT uk (Ellwood, MW (Mike))
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 17:39:58 +0100
A good, someone else recognises the issue!
I thought I was a lone voice! :-)

> Let's hope that they did for 6.0 because they certainly
> didn't for 5.0.
> Some commands take -C for the client, some take -c, and yet
> others take
> -m.  I understand Veritas's issue though - if they change the
> parameters, customers' scripts will break and they'll get yelled for
> that instead.  Damned if you do and damned if you don't :-)

Yes, and some commands take -M for master-server, and others -s
and others -h for host ...

Some take -d and -e for start and end date and some take
-s for start date

I can see where they were coming from too...

They originally employed dispersed teams of ppl to write the code and
kept them in locked, separate rooms!

I still like Netbackup though! (on the whole ...)

Mike Ellwood