Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk storage staging unit groups, anyone?

2005-04-14 21:42:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk storage staging unit groups, anyone?
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman (home))
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:42:04 -0500
Tim-

The features you're looking for (having DSSU's in a storage unit group
get prioritized for selection based on how full they happen to be) is
definitely not in the current NetBackup product.  Disk storage units in
a stunit group will get chosen in the order they were specified in the
group, with the sole exception being a preference for a storage unit
that is locally attached to the client being backed up.

Rumor is that the Veritas engineers are focusing A LOT on polishing the
whole disk-storage-unit side of the product in upcoming NetBackup
releases.   Not sure if the exact feature you're wishing for is on the
drawing board or not, though.  (and it certainly doesn't hurt to ask
for it here, ask for it from your sales rep, surf to
http://enhancement.veritas.com and ask for it there, etc etc  :-))

HTH
rob