Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] silent install

2005-03-29 12:32:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] silent install
From: Tim Berger <tim.berger AT gmail DOT com> (Tim Berger)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:32:24 -0800
I mis-read your post.  I thought you were asking how to do an
automated client install on a solaris server.  I haven't tried
automating the installation of a netbackup server.  Ya, an automated
nb server install is more involved. ;-)

I imagine you're on the right track though.  Install on some scratch
server.  Answer all of the interactive prompts, run tpconfig and tar
up the resulting /usr/openv directory.  You might be able to patch up
the sg.install script to do the right thing ( like add_drv -b
/mnt/rootfs ...) on an alternate-mounted root file system.