Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore catalog to new/different master server.

2005-03-01 13:29:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore catalog to new/different master server.
From: tlewick AT hrblock DOT com (Lewick, Taylor)
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:29:51 -0600
Hi all, a colleague of mine sent me this question...

Quick question.  Do you know of a command that imports catalog
information into a new disaster recovery master server?  I built a new
netbackup master server and I want to take a tape that has netbackup
catalog information on it from my original server and put it on the new
one.

I thought the answer was similar to how you restore in a normal DR test,
but I can't remember what you do if you are using a new server, i.e.
different name.  I thought you had to update the image/media database so
it is aware of the new Master/Media server...  Is that correct?

Does anyone have the specific steps?
Thanks,
Taylor

P.S., I told my colleague to join the list so in the future he can post
questions directly.