Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk Staging & Storage Unit Groups

2005-02-03 08:21:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk Staging & Storage Unit Groups
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 08:21:33 -0500
In theory, I agree...in practice, I haven't found it worked that well..
:o(

The reason I'm having issues is due to only having a 90 Gig DSSU. To
backup 5 machines, each with around 15-20 gigs of data......(total of
all 5 is about 80 gigs.)

However, we're using the DSSU (comprised of left over un allocated space
on a couple disks) to back these machines up over a 10M excrypted link,
which only passes about 300KB/s, and we can't afford to have these 5
machines consume a tape drive for 20+ hours for full backups.

We do have a Enterprise storage solution going online in Q3, so
hopefully I'll get a SAN attached Terabyte DSSU then!
;o)

Paul