Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.1 and Solaris Tuning

2004-10-29 08:57:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.1 and Solaris Tuning
From: brent.rohloff AT Dartmouth DOT EDU (Brent R. Rohloff)
Date: 29 Oct 2004 08:57:28 EDT
--- Matt Clausen wrote:
Anyone have any references they can point me to for doing NetBackup related
performancing tuning on a Solaris 9 box to best improve system (especially
SCSI) and network performance on a SunFire v240?

Also, does anyone know of any issues between the bge gigabit interfaces on the
SunFire v210/v240 and Cisco switches? Some of my clients are really slow
transferring to this box and others are pretty fast so I've been going nuts
trying to debug and troubleshoot this.
--- end of quote ---

Get this article

VERITAS NetBackupTM Software Performance Tuning*
In-depth analysis of end-to-end VERITAS NetBackupTM software performance,
along with detailed recommendations and examples for speeding backup and
restore processing,
PDF*
Author: George Winter   Oct 23, 2003

at