Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Backups & Manual Backups

2004-05-06 17:19:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Backups & Manual Backups
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 16:19:52 -0500
On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 11:32:07PM +0300, p wrote:

> Unfortunatly the site has operators that run user-initiated backups. So I
> see backups running in parallel with the catalog backups.
> The question is if this is acceptable behaviour for NetBackup 4.5. Will I
> have problems with the catalog backup?
> In NBU 3.4 when you ran catalog backups, no other jobs (manual or scheduled)
> could run before the catalog backup completes.
>
> But in 4.5 I see that you can. Has anybody similar issues? I cant find any
> documentation or technotes indicating that this behaviour is wrong or right.

I'm running 5.0 now and see that regular backups and catalog backups can
run at the same time. Other times I've seen manually initiated backups
ignored completely when a catalog backup is runnning - no error message,
no entry in the queue - NBU just drops the request into the bit bucket.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org