Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OpenVMS client and NBU 4.5 FP6

2004-04-29 18:28:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OpenVMS client and NBU 4.5 FP6
From: tech2187 AT yahoo DOT com (K Chapman)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:28:32 -0700 (PDT)
--0-940176978-1083277712=:50562

didnt copy to the list...

off the ftp server: ftp.emea.support.veritas.com

/pub/support/Products/NetBackup_OpenVMS
it has the install/user doc (pdf) and update sets saved as an openvms backup
set.  the install guide has all the steps to upgrade to the various versions.
you do need nb client installed or the full client available on cd/tape/etc..

for a policy, it is standard , and you can define the os as solaris.

Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com> wrote:
I've got a NBU 4.5 FP6 server (Solaris) with the standard "all
clients" installation. I'm getting an old OpenVMS client transferred
over. Presumably it has a client on it already from its existing
invironment, so I shouldn't need to grab a client install just for
it.

However, when creating a client in the policy, I can't select it as an
OpenVMS system since there's no OpenVMS client software on the master.

I know almost nothing about VMS. Do I need to get something on the
master server to create an OpenVMS "client" and policy, or do I just
stick it in a "standard" policy (as opposed to a windows-nt one) and
everything is fine?

I can't find any OpenVMS clients downloadable from support.

Thanks!

--
Darren Dunham ddunham AT taos DOT com
--0-940176978-1083277712=:50562

<DIV>didnt copy to the list...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>off the ftp server: <A
href="ftp://ftp.emea.support.veritas.com";>ftp.emea.support.veritas.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>/pub/support/Products/NetBackup_OpenVMS</DIV>
<DIV>it has the install/user doc (pdf) and update sets saved as an openvms
backup set.&nbsp; the install guide has all the steps to upgrade to the various
versions.&nbsp; you do need nb client installed or the full client available on
cd/tape/etc..</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>for a policy, it is standard&nbsp;, and you can define the os as
solaris.<BR><BR><B><I>Darren Dunham &lt;ddunham AT taos DOT com&gt;</I></B>
wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">I've got a NBU 4.5 FP6 server (Solaris) with
the standard "all<BR>clients" installation. I'm getting an old OpenVMS client
transferred<BR>over. Presumably it has a client on it already from its
existing<BR>invironment, so I shouldn't need to grab a client install just
for<BR>it.<BR><BR>However, when creating a client in the policy, I can't select
it as an<BR>OpenVMS system since there's no OpenVMS client software on the
master.<BR><BR>I know almost nothing about VMS. Do I need to get something on
the<BR>master server to create an OpenVMS "client" and policy, or do I
just<BR>stick it in a "standard" policy (as opposed to a windows-nt one)
and<BR>everything is fine?<BR><BR>I can't find any OpenVMS clients downloadable
from support.<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>-- <BR>Darren Dunham ddunham AT taos DOT
com<BR>Senior Technical Consultant TAOS http://www.taos.com/<BR>Got some Dr
Pepper? San Francisco, CA
 bay area<BR>&lt; This line left intentionally blank to confuse you.
- Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<BR>http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu</BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>aaarrrggghhh!!!!<br>FreeBSD
 rocks<p>
href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/hotjobs/hotjobs_mail_signature_footer_textlink/evt=23983/*http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover";>Win
 a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs </a>
--0-940176978-1083277712=:50562--