Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] message from list admin to marketers

2004-04-29 12:08:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] message from list admin to marketers
From: doug AT eng.auburn DOT edu (Doug Hughes)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:08:49 -0500 (CDT)
Just a reminder to marketers covertly or overtly on the list.
This list is not a means for you to harvest contact information for
cold-calling people. If you have a product that may solve somebody's
needs (as directly as possible), by all means, let them know. But
don't go overboard with the vendor-speak unless they ask. A tactful
(brief) reply indicating the name and function of the product and to
contact you for further information would be very appropriate.
Sending information about all your products on an unrelated query would
not be appropriate. If I get a lot of complaints, I get cranky.

Don't annoy people. :)

Doug Hughes
List mom