Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FP6 Client Gotchas?

2003-12-22 15:42:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FP6 Client Gotchas?
From: mclausen AT csit.fsu DOT edu (Matt Clausen)
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:42:19 -0500
Anyone have any ideas why a Solaris9 client can no longer talk to the
NetBackup master server (running Linux FP6)? It's not a firewall... I
can connect to the Netbackup services ports just fine... but I can not
communicate with the clients via the Host Properties or command line
tools such as bpgp. I can however talk to some other boxes just fine,
right out of the install.

The GA & MP5 release I was running prior to jumping to the feature packs
worked just fine, so the only thing I can think of is I'm being bit by
an authentication issue of some sort, but have no idea what.

I did add all my IP blocks to the methods_allow.txt file in
/usr/openv/var/auth but really can't see anything else I need to tweak.

Matthew R. Clausen                                 mclausen AT csit.fsu DOT edu
Computational Science & Information Technology
Florida State University                           voice=850-644-0193
400 Dirac Science Center Library                   pager=TBD
Tallahassee, Florida 32306-4120                    fax=850-644-0098