Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 84 media write error

2003-10-21 19:01:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 84 media write error
From: Michael.Arterburn AT ArvinMeritor DOT com (Arterburn, Michael)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:01:15 -0500
We had a problem this weekend with the file system that the database was on
filling up.  The server NB master server also panic'ed causing many backups
to fail.  Now when I am trying to perform backups, I am getting random
errors of "84 media write error".  I have attempted to, and still attempting
to, talk to Veritas support but I thought I would throw this out to see if
anyone in the group has had this before.

The environment is NB 3.41 Datacenter Patched to level 6.  It runs SSO with
5 media servers and 1 master media.  The servers are solaris 8.

Veritas is stumped it seems and it has been like this for a couple days.

Any help you can provide would be awesome.

Thanks,
Mike