Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to backup NT Registry

2003-10-10 07:37:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to backup NT Registry
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:37:21 -0400
I've never had a problem with the system_state with 4.5 Datacenter. I
really only back up our domain controllers, and it's an AD domain. On
the other hand, I've never had to restore it either, so the only
evidence I have that it works is that the backups complete with no
errors. System_State is one of the "reserved words" for the policies.
Bob Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> "Lee, Kenneth" <Kenneth.Lee AT sbs.siemens DOT com> 10/9/03 5:58:18 PM

I am a Unix guy but was given Windows NT to back up, so I am a little
lost.
I know that for W2K, you can used the system_state to backup the
registry.
How do you backup the registry on NT using NetBackup DataCenter
because
system_state does not work?

Thanks,
Ken