Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multihomed Server and Client

2003-08-31 10:20:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multihomed Server and Client
From: Michael.Ruepke AT autostadt DOT de (Ruepke, Michael (Autostadt))
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:20:15 +0200
Hi,
I have problems with my multihomed Netbackup 4.5 Server and and an
multihomed Client together.
The backup runs just fair and very quick over the private 1 GB network, but
I have problems with the restore.When I configure to take the restore over
the 100 MB public network, the restore is funktioning perferctly. When it
should take the way over the private network, it takes about hours for only
1GB.

Comparation
        public  private
10MB:   3 sec   15 min  read time

The servers are configured to take first the hosts-file and then DNS, but
for the private network the hostnames are not resolved in DNS.

I run against my limitations now.

HU
Michael