Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpjava-susvc processes are left by the "Java Admin Console"

2003-08-07 13:42:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpjava-susvc processes are left by the "Java Admin Console"
From: jdespres AT csc DOT com (Joseph Despres)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:42:48 -0400
--=_alternative 0061662C85256D7B_=

About two weeks ago or so we upgraded from 3.4_1 to 4.5 FP4.............

[Solaris Master with 12 Unix Media Servers]

We got up has high as 144 "bpjava-susvc" processes....

We go as low as 30 meg available for swap!

I killed about 60 of those processes (kill -9)...  Swap went back up to 2
gig available!

Once I cleared them all out it went to 2.6 gig available.

I don't think that when the "Java Admin Console" is shutdown or dies a
horrible death it cleans up after itself!

The users are in most cases having to kill the Java window on their PC's
because the App hangs on them...

I've also seen it leave processes when it is shutdown properly!

But My system via a VPN works great!

Has anyone seen this?  Is there a fix?

Joe Despres...........
jdespres AT csc DOT com

written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.

--=_alternative 0061662C85256D7B_=

3.4_1 to 4.5 FP4.............</font>
Servers]</font>
&quot;bpjava-susvc&quot; processes....</font>
swap!</font>
-9)... &nbsp;Swap went back up to 2 gig available!</font>
gig available.</font>
Console&quot; is shutdown or dies a horrible death it cleans up after
itself!</font>
the Java window on their PC's because the App hangs on them...</font>
shutdown properly!</font>
fix?<br>
Joe Despres...........</font>
This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete
without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery.
NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any
order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or
government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such
purpose.<br>
--=_alternative 0061662C85256D7B_=--