Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] I want to Down a drive if it needs to be cleaned

2003-05-14 15:00:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] I want to Down a drive if it needs to be cleaned
From: ebarlow AT usatoday DOT com (Barlow, Eliott)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:00:28 -0400
All,
I am having several error 83's The device has indicated that cleaning is
required before further operations are attempted.  Is there anyway to have a
drive down itself if there excessive errors during the backup window.  Jobs
just continue to try and use this drive resulting in multiple failures.

Thanks in advance for possible solutions!

Eliott Barlow
Operations Systems Analyst
USA Today
7950 Jones Branch Drive