Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Maintenance Pack installation for 4.5 Win2k

2003-05-07 02:05:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Maintenance Pack installation for 4.5 Win2k
From: WTSmith AT Maine DOT edu (Wayne Smith)
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 02:05:02 -0400
Pat.Smith AT exim DOT gov wrote, in part:
> I am a little confused (new) with the documentation from Veritas for 4.5

I am a little confused, and it's getting old. :-(

> Win2k as far as MP installation is concerned. Starting from a fresh cd copy
> of 4.5 ( Is that  a "GC"?) are the maintenance packs collective. To update
> to MP4 do I need to install MP1, 2 &3 for win2k or just MP4 for example?
> Is this true for both the NB server parts as well as the NB client parts?

* Maintenance packs (MPn) are cumulative and may be applied once the
base 4.5 is installed. That is, just apply MP4.

* Maintenance packs (MPn) may not be applied to 4.5 FP3.

* There are 3 MP4 files for Windows. One for Win 9x, one for NT/2000/XP,
and one for 64-bit XP systems.  These are complete in one file for the
server, client, database agents, etc.  For other platforms you may have
multiple updates to install (java, agents, etc. are separate).

* When you find the MP4 downloads on Veritas' support site, click the
links in the area to find the README, which has just what you need to
know to install the update.  Also, there is an item that tells what MP4
files need to be applied for the various 4.5 options/platforms/products.

cheers, wayne