Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Eject origional/primary copy

2003-02-11 02:50:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Eject origional/primary copy
From: brian.blake AT veritas DOT com (Brian Blake)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 02:50:26 -0500
Yeah, I think we messed up when converting the manuals from 3.4 to 4.5...
And maybe made it a bit more confusing than it needs to be.

Vaulting originals basically means that we will eject and report on media
that already exists in a given vault pool. Those are the pools that are in
the eject tab.

So, if you skip the duplication phase, then vault simply ejects the original
media, as long as you specify the correct pools in the eject tab. This is
similar to what was known as vaulting originals (setting "vault_type" to
"original" in the parm file) in vault 3.4.

B-