Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] drvconfig and opticals

2003-01-20 21:23:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] drvconfig and opticals
From: terry.newnham AT showads.com DOT au (Terry Newnham)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:23:10 +1100
Hi

We had to change an optical drive a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the
updated firmware on the new drive was apparently rejected by the O/S.
The optical drive was configured as a hard disk. The boot -r threw that
out and of course the Media Manager couldn't use it.

I'll have the vendor in shortly to roll back the firmware. I was
wondering if anybody had had any experience of using the commands listed
below. They quite happily added a new tape drive to a Solaris box
without rebooting. What type of device would the opticals be seen as
initially, tapes ?

Terry

1. Reconfigure /devices

2. Create the necessary links in /dev

disks
tapes
devlinks
ports

For example to configure a newly added hot swap disk:

drvconfig ; disks