Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup with Media Managers and firewall to backup an oracle database

2003-01-13 03:01:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup with Media Managers and firewall to backup an oracle database
From: aparroyuelos AT euskaltel DOT es (Asier Perez)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:01:44 +0100
Este es un mensaje multipartes en formato MIME.
--------------80F0A4E9EDCABB375E0E9F6A

Hello again,

        In those documents say that we have to open some ports in the fir=
ewall to have connectivity between the Media Manager and the Master
Server and between the Client and the Master Server. But my problem is on=
ly with Oracle backups, with filesystem backups we only need
connectivity between the Client and the Media Manager and between the Med=
ia Manager and the Master Server, so we only open the firewall for
the Media Manager. This can=B4t be done with Oracle backups? If so, Why?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

        Asier

"Turner, J E (Eric)" escribi=F3:

> I had a similar situation and did a lot work trying to figure out how t=
o set this up and open a minimal number of ports on the firewall.

> After reviewing the amount of configuration work involved, I decided ag=
ainst it and went with a another alternative.

> Anyways, it's well documented on the veritas site,   see the following =
KB articles:

> http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/249426.htm
> http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/237796.htm
>
> Eric

begin:vcard
n:;
tel;work:944011000 (Ext. 53110)
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Euskaltel SA;Tecnica de Sistemas
version:2.1
email;internet:aparroyuelos AT euskaltel DOT es
title:Administrador de BD
fn:Asier Perez
end:vcard

--------------80F0A4E9EDCABB375E0E9F6A--