Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore problem with Tru64

2002-12-23 13:13:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore problem with Tru64
From: David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com (Cornely, David)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 10:13:51 -0800
Hey all,

Perhaps someone can help...
Master server OS = Solaris 8
Media server OS = Tru64 v5.1a  (probably the problem in and of itself, damn
OS sucks)
STK L700 with DLT8000
NBU 3.4_3

I've successfully backed up 200 raw bcv devices on the media server.  Now
during the restore 17 of these 200 devices complain with the following
message:  Couldn't write to file /devices/rdisk/dsk87g:  Read-only file
system but the other 183 devices restored just fine.
I've confirmed (more than once) that the bcv's are split and (RW) ready.
I've rebooted the media server and attempted a hwmgr removal of the bcv
devices unsuccessfully.  The error message doesn't make any sense since I'm
using raw devices and bypassing the filesystem completely.  Any ideas?
Thanks.

-Dave