Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 45 and Linux Clients

2002-11-21 05:25:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 45 and Linux Clients
From: wbreyha AT gmx DOT net (Wolfgang Breyha)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:25:46 +0100
Hi!

I'm currently testing 4.5 and have found some funny things regarding Linux
Clients.

Server runs on Solaris 8, NB4.5(MP2).

With 3.4 there was a folder client/Linux/RedHat and all the Clients in a Class
had OS Linux/RedHat. Fine so far.

But with 4.5 there is a folder client/Linux/RedHat2.2 but all the Clients still
have OS Linux/RedHat. And if I try to "update_clients Linux RedHat" this fails
because there are no client files installed. If I make a link from
RedHat2.2->RedHat everything works fine. I also tried to change the clients OS,
but there is no "Linux/RedHat2.2"-Entry to choose, only "Linux/RedHat".

Even worse with DB-Clients. I had to change the update_dbclients-script to
recognize the installed clients I want to upgrade.

Have I missed something in the documentation?

Regards,
Wolfgang Breyha
--
 /     recursive, adj.; see recursive.  -- Unknown      \
( Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha AT gmx DOT net> - http://mash.nwy.at )