Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drive use metrics

2002-08-26 08:00:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drive use metrics
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:00:15 -0400
Does your graph show the number of drives actually being used at the
time to either back up or restore ? If so, I would really like to get
the scripts to do this also.
Thanks

Bob Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703
Fax 734-669-3703
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> <mander47 AT sca.csc DOT com> 8/25/02 4:37:48 AM >>>

Hi Perry

We are using ORCA to plot drive use in both SSO and non-SSO
environments.

What we plot is number of drives in use and number drives down.

If you wish, I will send you the scripts and config file.

attached is an example:

Regards
Michael

(See attached file: drivekapgraph.png)

                    "Perry Brown"

                    <vbperry             To:
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                    @hotmail.com>        cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     [Veritas-bu]
Drive use metrics
                    veritas-bu-ad

                    min

                    23-08-02

                    23:52

I am trying to get some metrics on how often our DLT7000 tape drives
are
being used for backups, and dups. This would be on HPUX 11 and 11i
systems
in and SSO environment. I remember seeing someone post before a script
for
graphing this type of info in a Sun environment (though not in an SSO
environment). Does anyone have something like that for HPUX?

Thanks for any help.

Perry