Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can I use mySQL to manipulate data in NBU Adv reporter database?

2002-08-09 18:57:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can I use mySQL to manipulate data in NBU Adv reporter database?
From: geoffh AT us.ibm DOT com (Geoffrey Hazel)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:57:27 -0700
We had an unusual situation here this week that added 70,000 code 219
"errors" into our NetBackup adv. reporter database. I'd like to "hack" into
the database and remove this information so it doesn't skew the reports
going forward. So far, all Veritas says is "delete and reinstall" which
doesn't do me any good.

I figure it's just a SQL database and I ought to be able to get in somehow
and throw out all those records... or something like that.

Does anyone have any experience, ideas, scripts, how-to's or other
suggestions about taking care of this problem?
 Thanks in advance ....