Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] remote unix client install failed

2002-07-16 13:05:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] remote unix client install failed
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:05:21 -0700
Unix Master running Solaris 7 with NBU 4.5.  Client in question is
Solaris 8, new client so no existing software installed.  .rhosts file
has correct entries and I verified rsh access.

When I try and install the software from the master I get an error:

        You need an entry for vnetd in /etc/services

An entry where?  Master or client?  I have no "vnetd" entry in any
clients services file nor on the master.  The pdf for DC installation
mentions nothing about this entry.  Anyone know what I'm missing?

Thanks.
--
Jeff Kennedy