Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 3.2 -> 4.5 upgrade

2002-06-27 11:14:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 3.2 -> 4.5 upgrade
From: jason.kruse AT teldta DOT com (Kruse, Jason K.)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:14:06 -0500
We've been using 3.2 for about 2 years now and are starting the process of
upgrading to 4.5 due to end of life on 3.2.  We have a mixed environment (1
master, 4-5 media, 50+ UNIX, 50+ NT) and are considering several
possibilities for an upgrade path.  We're aware of the need to upgrade to
3.4 before going to 4.5.

Questions:

What types of troubles can we expect on an upgrade?
How long does it take to convert a 40Gig catalog?
Have people started fresh with 4.5 keeping the old versions around for a
retention period (30 days)?
What benefits would Veritas professional services bring to this type of
process?

Please include me in all responses as I only read the digest.

Thanks.

Jason