Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What Un*x directories do people skip on clients?

2002-05-20 14:03:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What Un*x directories do people skip on clients?
From: Fabbro.Andrew AT cnf DOT com (Fabbro, Andrew P)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:03:47 -0700
core            unless you're saving them for some reason
a.out   default compiler output

You can take this a lot further - e.g., those ~ EMACS temp files.  But how
much space are you really saving?  core files can be big so that makes
sense.  I've worked in shops where their applications made some huge temp
files and we excluded those.

Personally, I want to back up /kernel, because of the .conf files in
/kernel/drv

--
Drew Fabbro
fabbro.andrew AT cnf DOT com