Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Backup Problem

2002-05-17 16:26:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Backup Problem
From: geoffh AT us.ibm DOT com (Geoffrey Hazel)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:26:01 -0700
I suggest checking the error logs. Run a fresh attempt at a catalog backup
and after it's done, run:

bperror -problems -hoursago 1 -U

and see what pops up.  I frequently find it gives very helpful information.

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |           "Keith Cheng"               |
|         |           <keith.cheng@deliriumctouch.|
|         |           com>                        |
|         |           Sent by:                    |
|         |           veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng|
|         |           .auburn.edu                 |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |           05/17/02 03:23 AM           |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->

DOT edu>                              |
  |       cc:       <winson.wong AT delirium.com DOT hk>, "Keith Cheng"
<keith.cheng AT deliriumctouch DOT com>           |
  |       Subject:  [Veritas-bu] Catalog Backup Problem
                            |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi All,

I know there are a lot of emails discussing this issue, but after a search
still couldn't find out why my catalog backup won't work on Solaris 8
running NB 3.4, neither manual or automatic backup. I have a blank tape
assigned for Netbackup pool, set to have backup after each session of
schedule, user, or manual backups, and have the following file path
assigned

/usr/openv/netbackup/db
/usr/openv/volmgr/database
/usr/openv/var

Either manual or automatic catalog backup, it produced the same problem -
from NB Admin GUI "NetBackup Catalog Backup", the last written has shown
the
correct backup timestamp, however, running the available_media command
shows
nothing was written to the media. I check the file path to be backup and
there are files under the path. Have i missed anything?

Regards,
Keith Cheng
Senior Consultant