Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 54 Solaris client

2002-03-28 15:24:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 54 Solaris client
From: denis AT kapusta DOT com (Denis Petrov)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:24:58 -0800
Unfortunately Detailed Logging did not show "gethostbyaddr failed"  on the
master server
I will ask the client to setup detailed logging on their system.
Now  I am thinking that client running NIS, NIS++ or DNS for their host name
resolution and it may be causing some errors. I will have to investigate
this.

>The problem is probably one of resolution - netbackup tends to use hostname
rather than >interface name and this can cause conflicts - and if the
clients use other DNS servers this >has caused problems in the past.

Original setup was exactly like that... Now I am thinking that it is name
resolution issue and nothing more. But what puzzles me, It is not consistent

>Oh and check both server and client can see the Master
 Yes no problem there, BTW In my setup Master is NBU media server and NBU
server

Anyway I have some things to check now.
Thank you for your help

Denis