Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Autocleaning of drive in STK L700

2002-03-04 05:01:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Autocleaning of drive in STK L700
From: tim AT ngfl.gov DOT uk (Timothy J. Arnold)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:01:50 -0000
I have a question on a similar topic to the above.

I have a DLT7000 tape library. How does the (hardware) automatic tape
cleaning work? I am currently using frequency cleaning at the moment but
I have been told that you should not do this...

I have the cleaning tapes in the None group. Does the tape library ask
netbackup for a cleaning tape and netbackup will process and clean the
drive?

Cheers,

Tim.