Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vmcheckxxx.exe

2002-02-25 11:39:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vmcheckxxx.exe
From: jaearick AT colby DOT edu (Jeff A. Earickson)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:39:59 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

   It is one of those great undocumented commands (Veritas, why do you do
this??!!) that does the robot inventory list/compare/preview/update.
>From the Advanced NBU class, we learned:

* show contents of robot

   vmcheckxxx -rt tld -rn 0 -list

* compare contents of robot with volume catalog

   vmcheckxxx -rt tld -rn 0

* preview configuration update

   vmcheckxxx -rt tld -rn 0 -recommend

* update volume catalog using robot inventory

   vmcheckxxx -rt tld -rn 0 -M master

Where "rt" is your robot type, "rn" is your robot number, and the argument
for -M is the name of the master server.  It is a useful command that should
be documented.

--- Jeff Earickson