Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU master server catalog size concerns

2001-11-26 12:51:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU master server catalog size concerns
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:51:16 -0800
Larry,

Does Veritas have any plans to make the catalogue more efficient?  I
have figured that the catalogue takes about 3% of the total data backed
up, which can be huge in current environments and it will do nothing but
get bigger.  I realize that compression is an option but that can lead
to issues in time to restore, which is why we backup in the first
place.....

Thanks.

~JK