Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpvault

2001-11-09 11:16:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpvault
From: Dave.High AT veritas DOT com (Dave High)
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 08:16:38 -0800
michael,

one of the idiosyncrasies of vault and DB tapes is that you have to Vault
something else before the DB vault will work. not sure if you are doing that
or not, but it has to happen.

for example, if you run Vault on tuesday and it doesn't find any images to
vault, the DB backup wont work.

what many Vault customers do if they want to run catalog backups every day,
but NOT vault something, is to set up a very small daily backup and vault it
to trigger the DB backup each day.

this will be changed in the next version of Vault by the way.

this is not really covered in the manual.

cheers,

dave