Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 196

2001-10-29 08:54:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 196
From: Ken.Zufall AT ps.bellhowell DOT com (Zufall, Ken)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:54:33 -0500
Here's the behavior I have observed before.

Backup starts at 19:00, has a one hour window.  At 20:15, backup fails for
whatever reason.  Restart then fails with a 196 because the window is past.
However, it doesn't show two failures in the Job Monitor, it shows a single
stream with a status 196.  This 196 looks like it wrote to tape, but it's
actually the first failed attempt.

Examine your logs and the information in the Job Monitor closely and you
should find this to be the case.

Ken Zufall
Work: 330.202.4113
Cell: 330.465.8113
Pager: 888.896.3272
Fax: 330.263.1365
E-page: 4403037243.8963272 AT pagenet DOT net
<mailto:4403037243.8963272 AT pagenet DOT net>