Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] /opt full

2001-06-19 06:30:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] /opt full
From: fx AT Veritas DOT com (fx [François-Xavier Peretmere])
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:30:07 +0200

 i don't understand. as long as

 1) you don't move stuff while NetBackup is running
 2) you keep the /usr/openv/

> 2.  can i do like compressing the indexing info./images ?

 yes. see "Compressing the Image Catalog" in the NetBackup
Administration Guide. you still need some free space on you
DB filesystem and it will slow down the browsing process, but
you could save a lot of disk space.

> 3.  can i move the whole NBU which is under /opt to
> another directory which is more much space or do i
> need to reinstall NBU again ?

 yes. see "Moving the NetBackup Image Catalog" in the NBAG, procedure
is not exactly the same for Unix or Ms Windows. if you're using a
Ms Windows master, check the following URL too:

 http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-bu/2001-January/002328.html

 Amicalement,
              fx

#include <VRTS/std_disclaimer.h>

--
      fx AT Veritas DOT com      | Aborted effort:
François-Xavier Peretmere | Close all that you have.