Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Job ID Unique?

2001-05-29 16:05:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Job ID Unique?
From: bbakh AT veritas DOT com (Bob Bakh)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:05:56 -0700
In the /usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs there is a file called jobid, it is the
jobid of the next NBU Job, if you delete that file the jobid will revert to
1.

It is also in the c:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\db\jobs directory.

The JobID is an arbitrary number used to just help differentiate jobs in the
job monitor, it really has no true meaning other than indexing, the
backup_ID is the true identifier for a job.

However the JobID is much easier to read.

Bob