Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup for Oracle (fwd)

2001-05-15 21:30:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup for Oracle (fwd)
From: ladydi AT virginia DOT edu (Diane M. Meeker)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 21:30:27 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Hi list,

Our DBA sent the following email and I went to the NetBackup reports
and listed what was out there for the isp-oracle class we created for
this purpose.

The output looks like this:

Client:            isp-db.admin.Virginia.EDU
Backup ID:         isp-db.admin.Virginia.EDU_0989761880
Class:             isp-oracle
Class Type:        Oracle
Sched Label:       Default-Policy
Schedule Type:     User Backup (Backup Policy)
Retention Level:   infinity (9)
Backup Time:       05/13/2001 09:51:20
Elapsed Time:      000:04:08
Expiration Time:   INFINITY
Compressed:        no
Encrypted:         no
Kilobytes:         48672
Number of Files:   1
Primary Copy:      1
Image Type:        0  (Regular)
Keyword:           isp01
Ext Security Info: no
File Restore Raw:  no
Image Dump Level:  0
File System Only:  no
Object Descriptor: (none specified)
Multiplexed:       no
TIR Available:     no

The question to you is ....

Is there a way to prime the keyword field (from rman) with a unique entry to
distinguish the backups from one another?  We realize the date/timestamp and
backupid are unique, but we would like a better way of getting delete scripts
to work based on DBA entered keywords.

Any ideas?
Thank you.
--
Diane Meeker                       ladydi AT virginia DOT edu
University of Virginia                    804-924-4182