Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SuperDLT?

2001-05-01 18:33:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SuperDLT?
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 15:33:05 -0700
To date my plan is to let the technology shake out a bit first, which is
why I bought a new library with DLT7000's.  When I finally figure out
which technology to go with I will keep at least one DLT7k in the
library and the rest will be the new tape.  At least until all offsite
media is rotated out.....

As for the SDLT, I heard a while ago that the first gen SDLT would not
be backward compatible but the revision released in Q3 of 2001 would be.

~JK