Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Nt required interface parameter

2000-12-12 09:40:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Nt required interface parameter
From: Scott Kendall Scott.Kendall AT ln.ssw.abbott DOT com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:40:19 -0600
Values such as this are in the Registry.  For changes like this, I usually
run a "for" loop against my NT servers using the NT Resource Kit utility
"reg.exe".  This utility lets you remotely edit/add/delete Registry keys.

The command below from an NT box would add the value of the second column for
each server listed in the first column of each line in fileA, assuming you
have the reskit and it is in your path (note: "add" does not replace if it
already exists.  If so , you must either "update" or "delete" then "add").

fileA contents:
server1     server1
server2     somethingelse
server3     server3

command:
C:\>for /f "tokens=1-2" %i in (fileA) do reg add
HKLM\Software\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\REQUIRED_INTERFACE=%j
REG_SZ \\%i

As mentioned in e-mails on this list a few weeks ago, you can also use the
"configure NetBackup" GUI from an NT box with the Admin Client installed
(even though your master and media servers are Unix) if you have the name of
the NT box in the "server list" of the NT clients you are configuring.

Scott Kendall
Hospital Products Division
Abbott Laboratories

 Eric.Porter AT marriott DOT com
 Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT Eng.Auburn DOT EDU
 12/12/2000 06:44 AM