Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scheduled Backups not starting

2000-12-06 11:17:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduled Backups not starting
From: McMurphy, Tim Tim.McMurphy AT cdcgy DOT com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:17:30 -0700
Do a "ps -ef | grep nb" on your master server. Then stop (K77netbackup)
netbackup. Do the ps command again and see if there is still anything
running. We had a problem here with the Netbackup database leaving ghost
processes that would not allow other scheduled jobs to run.

If there are still netbackup processes running then you can use
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bp.kill_all command to stop them. Once
stopped you can start (S77netbackup) and all will be well.

The other option is to run the database backups manually.