Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] changing master names

2000-03-29 16:23:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] changing master names
From: Dean, James jimmy.dean AT usi DOT net
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:23:21 -0500
I have done this before, and I would suggest that you do yourself a favor
and do one process at a time.  I would suggest doing the change in server
first to make sure that nothing went wrong.  This is really simple if your
not changing the hostname or IP.  All you really need to do is build the new
server and move /usr/openv to the new server, and reconfigure your drives as
you would if this was a new install.

Once you are satisfied with the hardware upgrade and all is, as it was but
faster.  The software upgrade is a pretty simple process as well.

James Dean
Enterprise Storage Management - Staff Engineer
USinternetworking Inc.
One USi Plaza, Annapolis, MD 21401-7478
Cell : (443) 871-2404