Networker

[Networker] SV: [Networker] AFTD device/nsrstage command with 8.0.1.5

2013-06-28 02:53:21
Subject: [Networker] SV: [Networker] AFTD device/nsrstage command with 8.0.1.5
From: Tony Albers <Tony.Albers AT PROACT DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 06:46:27 +0000
I agree with Carsten (bingo) on this one. Also, check out the scheduled cloning
feature(yes, it actually works through NMC too). You can actually set your
retention on your AFTD's, to say 3 weeks, and then schedule cloning every week
to another pool where you set max. number of savesets in the destination pool
to be 1 and then the retention you really want.
This way, you can back up to an AFTD, clone to 2 tape pools(1 backup and 1
clone) with regular intervals and the disk gets cleaned automagically.

I use this at a couple of customer sites, and after the initial small config
changes like making sure nothing collides etc. the systems just keeps on going
and going.

/tony