Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape Alert message

2013-06-26 13:56:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape Alert message
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:49:11 -0400
> It's these type of statistics that I would assume have been "lost",
where
> "lost" might just mean that they're not currently being reported.  You
> may wish to power-cycle things and see if they come back or if they're
> reset.

I already did a reboot of the tape library via it's web interface - I'm
not at that site, and none of my field techs are available to get there
before maybe Friday.

> Either way, you probably want to keep an eye on that particular drive.
> This could very well be a precursor to failure.

We're in the process of finalizing (I think finalizing - I'm not privy to
all the contract details) an agreement to get a Data Domain setup here. I
believe this client (which is at a remote office, not here at the data
center) might now backup to the DD instead. If so, that would be most
helpful. If not, then I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be calling HP
support soon ...